The Hot Zone Online is pleased to offer two different options for people/companies who make and produce hot & spicy foods to get your stuff reviewed by us. These two choices are:
1. Featured Products column – This is the more extensive of the write-ups we do, stays online longer, and has more visibility. To qualify, your company must:
- - make 2 or more hot & spicy products, which our author(s) will review
- be willing to participate in an interview in Q&A
format via email
- can submit pictures or other info to be published as part of the article
What we will do is create a posting that includes the interview, tasting notes, pictures of the products, ingredients list, links to other reviews of the same products, and any recipe ideas we may come up with in the tasting process. There are also links to the manufacturer’s website so that readers have a resource to purchase the items or read more about them if desired. Other facets may be added to the write-up, but these are some of the things which are usually done.
2. Product Review – This is for reviews of a single product, whether it be hot sauce, salsa, spice mix, or otherwise. This is a focused review of the product which may be rather extensive or brief, depending on the discretion of the author. Anyone whose company/products have already been done as a Featured Product will likely be done in this format, although we can work with special requests on a case-by-case basis. Links to the manufacturer’s website are usually included in this review format as well.
All requests for a given format will be honored as much as possible, but we reserve the right to change formats if necessary.
The no monetary cost for either of these two write-up options being done. All that is required is that the company/person requesting the reviews to send whatever products is to be done to the reviewer(s) by mail without charge. In return, the authors agree to attempt, in good faith, to complete the writing of the reviews within 2-4 weeks after the products are received.
All sorts of spicy food products are eligible for review. These include, but are not limited to, things such as hot sauce, salsa, marinades, BBQ sauce, spice mixes, spicy relishes, snack foods (chips, nuts, popcorn, jerky, etc), mustards, wing sauces, jerk sauces, other spicy condiments, and any other product geared towards the chilehead crowd. If you’re not sure if it qualifies, just ask us!
These review formats has been well-received thus far, by both the readers and the companies that have chosen to participate. It’s as close to free advertising as it comes, and you’ll be linked up to wide network of food bloggers who will see it as well.
If you are interested in either of these services, contact us through this link: